Planetary ball mills are high-tech equipment for mixing, fine grinding, sample preparation, nano-material dispersion, new product development and small batch production.
The product is small in size, full in function, high in efficiency and low in noise. It is an ideal equipment for scientific research units, universities and enterprise laboratories to obtain micro-particle research samples (four samples can be obtained in each experiment), with vacuum ball milling. The can is used to grind the sample under vacuum condition.
The planetary ball mill is equipped with four ball mill tanks on the same turntable. When the turntable rotates, the ball mill tank revolves around its own axis while rotating around the turntable axis for planetary motion.
The grinding balls in the tank collide with each other in high-speed motion, grinding and mixing the samples. The product can grind and mix products with different particle sizes and materials in dry and wet ways. The grinding product can be as small as 0.1 micron.
|Equipment Model||Voltage||Motor Power||Inverter Power||Revolutional Speed||Rotational Speed||Ball mill jar specification||Quantity|
|CB04L||220V 50HZ||0.55 kw||0.55 kw||5-450||10-900||50-100ml||2 or 4|
|CB1L||220V 50HZ||0.55 kw||0.55 kw||5-450||10-900||50-250ml||2 or 4|
|CB2L||220V 50HZ||0.75 kw||0.75 kw||5-400||10-800||50-500ml||2 or 4|
|CB4L||220V 50HZ||0.75 kw||0.75 kw||5-400||10-800||50-1000ml||2 or 4|
|CB8L||220V 50HZ||1.5 kw||1.5 kw||5-320||10-640||500-2000ml||2 or 4|
|CB12L||380V 50HZ||1.5 kw||2.2 kw||5-320||10-640||1L-3L||2 or 4|
|CB16L||380V 50HZ||2.2 kw||2.2 kw||5-280||10-560||1L-4L||2 or 4|
|CB20L||380V 50HZ||3 kw||3.7 kw||5-230||10-460||1L-5L||2 or 4|
|CB40L||380V 50HZ||5.5 kw||7.5 kw||5-220||10-440||4L-10L||2 or 4|
|CB60L||380V 50HZ||7.5 kw||7.5 kw||5-180||10-360||6L-15L||2 or 4|
|CB80L||380V 50HZ||7.5 kw||11 kw||5-180||10-360||6L-20L||2 or 4|
|CB100L||380V 50HZ||11 kw||11 kw||5-180||10-360||10L-25L||2 or 4|
- Stainless steel Jar, PU jar and Ceramic Jar available
- 110V 50/60HZ and 220V 50/60HZ power supply, 380V 50/60HZ machine for industry production
- Speed Control and Timer Control
- Forward and reverse movement
- Series ball mills are small in size, light in weight and low in noise.
- It can run continuously in one direction, one-way timing operation, automatic forward and reverse continuous and timed operation.
- Series ball mill can dry grinding, wet grinding, vacuum grinding, and protective atmosphere grinding.
- The main belt of the series planetary ball mill has adjustable tightness, which is not easy to slip for a long time, which greatly prolongs the service life.
- The series planetary ball mill is easy to operate and has a safety switch on the cover, which is safe and reliable. The structure is compact, the shape is beautiful, the weight is greatly reduced, and the whole machine is completely integrated.
- Lab material particle size reduction
- Sample preparing and milling
- Different material homogeneously mixing
- Precious metal parts deburring and polishing
- Dental parts polishing
- Electronic components polishing
- Small size, the structure is made of thick steel plate, the shell is made of thick plate, anti-vibration, stable, soundproof, safe, internal and external spray treatment;
- Using patented oil seal technology and noise reduction materials to reduce noise and improve the comfort of use;
- Fully automatic processing, no need to debug, simple to use, functional and comprehensive;
- Low power, low loss, low cost, low failure;
- Use European standard cone drive wheel, European standard electrical accessories and circuit design, brand inverter, electric and other high standard accessories to ensure quality and service life;
- Strong impact energy, more uniform discharge, higher precision, stronger crushing ability, finer granularity and faster processing speed;
- It can set grinding time, intermittent time, moving direction, moving speed, and has power-off memory, emergency stop and overload protection;
- Long service life and strong safety, which can meet the requirements of long-term and high-intensity experiments;
- 25ml, 50ml, 100ml, different volume of ball mill can be used universally, increasing the interval of sample processing quality and the range of particle size;
- More than ten kinds of ball mills of different materials, such as stainless steel, nylon, polyurethane, PTFE, zirconia agate, etc., are available, and the types of grinding samples are more extensive;
- The sample can be dry-grinded and wet-grinded, and a vacuum type ball-milling tank can be configured for vacuum grinding, pressurizing grinding, and inert gas grinding;
- Configurable liquid nitrogen cryogenic system for ultra-low temperature treatment (additional function);
- It can detect the temperature and pressure inside the ball mill carrier (addition function);
- Up to 4 ball mill can be placed at the same time to grind 4 different kinds of samples, or 2 ball mill cans can be placed symmetrically;
- Under the same conditions, when multiple ball mills grind the same sample at the same time, each ball mill can have the same grinding effect on the sample;
- Under the same conditions, each batch of the same sample has the same effect;
- The application involves a comprehensive range of industries, a wide range of grinding samples, and strong grinding flexibility;
Planetary Jar Mill Machine FAQ Guide
- 1. What is the planetary jar mill machine?
- 2. How does the planetary jar mill machine operate?
- 3. What types of materials is used in the planetary jar mill machine for resizing?
- 4. What spinning speed is necessary for resizing and efficiency in the planetary jar mill machine?
- 5. What does the planetary jar mill machine cost?
- 6. What does it cost to maintain the planetary jar mill machine?
- 7. Which industries make use of the planetary jar mill machine?
- 8. What are the features of the planetary jar mill machine for optimal efficiency?
- 9. How does the planetary jar mill machine grind components?
- 10. How many parts can be grinded in one cycle?
- 11. How many parts can be grinded in one cycle?
- 12. What are the important considering factors when purchasing the planetary jar mill machine?
- 13. Are there safety features on the planetary jar mill machine?
- 14. How does the wet grinding process take place when using the planetary jar mill machine?
- 15. How does the dry grinding process take place when using the planetary jar mill machine?
- 16. Are there benefits of using the planetary jar mill machine?
1. What is the planetary jar mill machine?
Planetary jar mill machines are designed to grind sample parts to reduced sizes. They are suitable for a wide range of industries. In addition to grinding, these machines also prepare parts and mixes parts on a Nano-scale level. It is an ideal machine for producing parts in small batches.
2. How does the planetary jar mill machine operate?
The planetary jar mill machine is designed with four milling tanks. These tanks are placed on the same rotating table. As soon as the rotating table starts, all four milling tanks rotate with the rotating table.
Once the milling tanks are in motion, grinding balls collide with each other while the tanks rotate. This rotation happens at a high-speed to ensure optimal rotation of the grinding balls. Because of the rotation inside the tanks, sample parts grind and mix together, producing reduced sample sizes.
Depending on what type of material you use, there are different types of grinding jars designed for different purposes.
3. What types of materials is used in the planetary jar mill machine for resizing?
There are different types of materials used for different types of resizing; however, this depends on what the nature is of the sample. Also, keep in mind that the type of media you use will depend on whether you’re doing dry or wet tumbling.
Below is a list of materials that can be used in the planetary jar mill machine:
- Stainless steel balls: These balls are strong and durable. It’s ideal for dry or wet grinding as they are resistant to water and less prone to corrosion and oxidation.
- Zirconia balls: This type of media is considered one of the best medias for grinding. It produces smooth and shiny surfaces on parts. Zirconia balls can be used during wet grinding and can withstand high volumes of work.
- PU (polyurethane) balls: These balls are designed with a durable and strong structure to withstand heavy loads of work while being less prone to wear-and-tear compared to other types of media.
In addition to the above commonly used media for grinding, others can be used for grinding including corundum balls, agate balls, and tungsten carbide balls.
The materials listed above come in different sizes for different resizing purpose. They are also suitable for dry or wet grinding.
If you are uncertain of what materials you can use for your planetary jar mill machine, then don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping you choose the right materials for the job.
4. What spinning speed is necessary for resizing and efficiency in the planetary jar mill machine?
Planetary jar mill machines operate at different speeds, depending on the size of media and the amount of elements being grinded. The diameter of the mill machine is an important factor to consider during grinding.
The spinning speed should be between four and twenty revolutions per minute.
If you don’t understand this formula, give us a call and we’ll offer you a step-by-step guide of how to determine your planetary jar mill machine speed.
5. What does the planetary jar mill machine cost?
The planetary jar mill machine is used in specialized industries, making them more expensive than other machines in the market. These machines cost $4000 per unit. Considering the advantages and features of these machines, each cent is worth it.
6. What does it cost to maintain the planetary jar mill machine?
Maintenance is an important factor when purchasing machinery. If the machine is regularly maintained, your machine will remain in good condition and will save you money in the long run.
The planetary jar mill machine comes with different size jars for different types of grinding functions. It also requires media for different types of grinding. The only time you’ll spend money on the machine is if you need to replace the jars or media.
If all components of the planetary jar mill machine are well-maintained, then it wouldn’t need to cost you much.
7. Which industries make use of the planetary jar mill machine?
The planetary jar mill machine is commonly used in research fields. Research fields require machinery that’s suitable for experiments of samples. For this reason, the planetary jar mill machine is designed with a noise control to ensure the research environment is free from loud sounds that may cause distractions in laboratories.
8. What are the features of the planetary jar mill machine for optimal efficiency?
Features are an important factor to consider when choosing a grinding machine. The planetary jar mill machine has amazing features for production.
Below is a list of features that come with the planetary jar mill machine:
- Grinding jars made of ceramic, PU, and stainless steel materials
- Efficient in producing samples
- Adjustable speed control
- Back and forth movement of the turning table
- Noise control option
- Compact design
- Rotation mode has a variety of options
- Suitable for a variety of grinding options including wet, dry, protective atmosphere, pressurized, and vacuum
- Long lifespan
- Automated grinding process
- High-productivity, power-saving, and cost-efficient
- Produces fine results
- Fast cycles
- Controllable timing feature
9. How does the planetary jar mill machine grind components?
The planetary jar mill machine grinds components in the following steps:
- Step 1: Add grinding balls to the jars and then add the components that require grinding.
- Step 2: Allow the grinding balls and components to mix thoroughly to ensure effective results.
- Step 3: Once the balls and components are thoroughly mixed, cover the jar with a lid.
- Step 4: Feed production instructions to machine by using the controls and let the machine do the work.
- Step 5: Check the results of production. If you’re satisfied, then remove samples. If you’re not satisfied, allow the machine to grind components until best results are achieved.
10. How many parts can be grinded in one cycle?
The amount of parts that can be grinded in one cycle is dependent on the size of the grinding jars. Grinding jars go up to 500ml in size.
11. What type of media does the planetary jar mill machine use for grinding?
Zirconia balls are most suitable for the planetary jar mill machine. The strong composition of zirconia balls make it the ideal media to use in grinding. It’s robust design and structure allows the balls to withstand high volumes and pressures that take place during the grinding process.
However, using other medias like stainless steel balls or PU balls are also effective for grinding.
12. What are the important considering factors when purchasing the planetary jar mill machine?
When choosing a grinding machine, there are a few considerable factors to keep in mind before purchasing the machine.
Here are a few factors to consider before making a purchase:
- Cost: The planetary jar mill machine is more expensive than other grinding machines due to its effectiveness and great features.
- Efficiency: When it comes to mass grinding, time is a crucial factor that plays a role in production. The planetary jar mill machine offers efficiency and flawless results.
- Technological development: Considering the technological enhancements of a grinding machine is important. It will determine how the production of samples will turn out and how efficiently the job is done. Older models consume more time and processes compared to modern models. The planetary jar mill machine is a modern model that will offer you everything you need to get the job done the first time around.
- Features: The features of a grinding machine are important as it allows you to complete specialized grinding jobs. It also allows you to control certain functions of the grinding machine. The planetary jar mill machine has great features for all types of grinding jobs.
13. Are there safety features on the planetary jar mill machine?
Yes. The planetary jar mill machine has great safety features to make operation safe for everyone.
Here are a few safety features of the planetary jar mill machine:
- Metal sheets: This protects the inside of the machine from damage.
- Safety switch: This feature has to be on when the machine starts operating. It prevents accidental grinding.
- Automatic stop switch: This switch kicks in when the machine detects an opening of a cover while running.
- Movable wheels: This allows the machine to be easily transported from one side of the room to the next.
- Automatic cooling fan: The fan helps cool all parts of the machine while in operation.
14. How does the wet grinding process take place when using the planetary jar mill machine?
The planetary jar mill machine performs wet grinding using lubricants such as water, or any other lubricants needed for grinding.
The grinding balls and media in the grinding jars and allow them to mix thoroughly. Once they’re mixed, then you can add your desired lubricant inside the jars to further mix together.
15. How does the dry grinding process take place when using the planetary jar mill machine?
The planetary jar mill machine performs dry grinding using media such as zirconia balls, stainless steel balls, or PU balls.
The grinding balls and media in the grinding jars and allow them to mix thoroughly. Once they’re completely mixed through, you can check them for approval. If they’re not grinded to satisfactory level, then allow them to grind further until they meet your needs.
16. Are there benefits of using the planetary jar mill machine?
The planetary jar mill machine has great benefits. From grinding to mixing, this machine can do it all.
- The robust design makes grinding easy and cuts grinding time in half.
- Different sizes grinding jars are suitable for different size materials and balls.
- The desktop machine is suitable for laboratories.
- Its production process is low in noise levels.
- It’s suitable for dry and wet grinding.
- Safety features allow machine to work with hazardous materials without toxins escaping into the environment.
- The multi-language interface allows you to feed machine with instructions.